At the end of May 2014 TransGrid submitted a revenue proposal for the 2014 to 2019 period requesting an $18 million DM Innovation Allowance. In this proposal they outlined demand management innovation targeting collaboration, market understanding and development and technology trialling. Their key objectives during this period will be to:
- Facilitate a flexible demand management marketplace
- Develop and grow the demand management market
- Pinpoint key drivers of peak demand in NSW in order to better source demand response
- Understand the electricity use and behaviour of large consumers, in order to surface their potential to provide demand management
- Test and apply large-scale demand management tools and techniques, and
- Identify and leverage the transmission-specific contribution to the demand management ecosystem.