AusNet Services have published this case study detailing embedded generation at the Traralgon Power Station. The case study looks at the replacement of a single transformer at the Traralgon Power Station with the project to begin in August 2012 and end in March 2017. The delivery of EG close to customer loads in Traralgon and at other locations across AusNet Services’ distribution network will:
- secure power reliability on high demand days;
- help defer the need for upgrading and expanding transmission and distribution networks;
- reduce the cost of line losses typically associated with remotely located power plants;
- reduce the carbon intensity of Australia’s electricity sector; and
- help reduce the overall cost of electricity to customers and businesses.